In addition to every other 2020 challenge, are you struggling with your skin and is the struggle real? Join the crowd. Irritation, redness, rashes, breakouts, excessive dryness or oiliness are complaints we’ve heard time and time again this year more than ever. Believe it or not, it’s likely that your skin is as frustrated as you are by the stress that is surrounding all of us. It might feel instinctual to throw more products at the problems you’re seeing, but this might not always be helpful. Sometimes less is more. So, here’s the challenge. For the month of January, let’s all give our skin a break… the break it needs to restore, reset and (C)redo. #RESTOREreset.
The #RESTOREreset Skincare RegimenStart by using just a few clean, quality products that meet skin's basic needs, and ease up on harsh products and chemicals.
- Splash your face with lukewarm water.
- Apply Dr Rogers Face Lotion (normal to oily skin) or Face Cream (normal to dry skin) to your face, neck, chest, and eye area.
Face Lotion Face Cream
- Follow with a zinc-based sunscreen containing at least 10% zinc. I love Ilia Super Serum Skin Tint or On-The-Defense Sunscreen by Eleven VENUS Williams.
- Apply makeup if you desire. Some of my favorite clean options from Credo include RMS Eye Polish, Ilia Limitless Lash Mascara, Kosas Revealer Concealer, Kosas Color + Light: Crème, and Westman Atelier Baby Cheeks Blush Stick.
- Apply the Doctor Rogers RESTORE® Healing Balm on your lips, as needed, throughout the day.
- Wash your face with our Face Wash
- Moisturize with our Face Lotion or Face Cream according to your skin type.
Apply our Healing Balm to any dry, irritated, sensitive areas.
The post-reset processAfter 28 days, if your skin is looking and feeling healthy, the first product to reintroduce is any product that stimulates skin cell turnover. This could be something retinol-based, your prescription tretinoin, or something containing glycolic acid. Do this after cleansing and before applying moisturizer. Start easing back in with an every other night application and listen to your skin. If it’s irritated, skip it, moisturize and try again in a few days. Skin speaks volumes. If you listen.
After a week of using the evening treatment without irritation, add in your morning antioxidant to help protect the skin's surface from oxidative damage caused by free radicals and environmental aggressors like UV and pollution. Apply to face, neck, and chest after cleansing or water splash and follow with moisturizer and sunscreen. Remember to always treat the face, neck, and chest as one unit.
Let’s take a selfie! Remind yourself that fewer, high-quality products, used appropriately, allow your skin to recover quickly and beautifully and nothing illustrates this better than before and afters. Take a no-makeup pic on day one, another after 2 weeks and the last one at month’s end. We promise your skin will glow and show you just what the RESTORE® difference is all about.
Let’s do this together! 2021 is looking beautiful.