With hero products like the brand’s debut Huestick, a 2x Allure Best of Beauty Award winner, Live Tinted’s mission is to continue to raise awareness for more representation and identity affirmation while creating solutions with POC-first in mind.
CEO & Founder Deepica
Armed with the knowledge that dark circles and hyperpigmentation disproportionately affect the POC community, Live Tinted set out on a mission to create melanin-friendly color correctors. The color correcting Huesticks not only meet the Credo Clean Standard, but they are also packed with skin enriching ingredients like:
Why Color Correction?
- Hyaluronic Acid – holds up to 1,000x its weight in moisture for advanced hydration.
- Squalane – a highly effective antioxidant and emollient.
- Vitamins C & E – work to visibly brighten and soften over time.
Step-By-Step Color Correction Makeup Guide:STEP 1: Choose Color Corrector
To effectively color correct, you must first identify your level of hyperpigmentation. In the table below, you will find the outer ring helps in determining your level of hyperpigmentation.
- Huestick in Found for deep hyperpigmentation and dark circles
- Huestick in Origin for medium to deep hyperpigmentation and dark circles
- Huestick in Rise for medium hyperpigmentation and dark circles
- Huestick in Balance for light to medium hyperpigmentation and dark circles
- Huestick in Perk for light hyperpigmentation and dark circles
STEP 2: Prep the Skin
Similar to prepping a canvas for a painting, you must prep your skin for optimal results.
• Grab your favorite skincare combination that helps to create a hydrated, even base.
• Focus on the eye area, often applying a hydrating eye cream or eye masks for maximum hydration.
• Let all of your skincare products dry down before moving onto the next step of the color correcting makeup guide.
STEP 3: Color Correct
As stated above, the shade you use to correct is based on the color of your hyperpigmentation and not just your skin tone.
• If you’re new to color correction, the Huestick in Rise is a universal shade that can be used on multiple skin tones and levels of hyperpigmentation.
• Apply the buildable, blendable formula to areas where dark spots or hyperpigmentation is present. The undereyes, around the mouth and by your nose are common areas, but every face is different.
• Apply color corrector and gently press into skin using either a finger, brush or sponge. The comfortable, lightweight and matte formula sets quickly to sit under concealer without blending together with other layers of makeup.
STEP 4: Finish with Complexion Products
The final step of the color correcting makeup guide is to finish the look with the complexion products of your choice!
• Using a Huestick in one of the many universally flattering shades, swipe across eyes, lips and cheeks for a warm flush of color to finish off the face.
• Using a clean sponge, lightly press powder into the skin to set the face.
SHOP HUESTICK COLOR CORRECTORS