By Joshua Pierce, Head of Education at CredoYour skincare routine can be as robust or as minimal as you want it to be. Maybe you just like to wash your face in the shower and slap on some jojoba oil as moisturizer. Maybe you love a 12-step Korean beauty routine. Maybe you are a product expert and love trying any and every new thing that hits the market.
Wherever you fall on the spectrum, a smart skincare regimen is key to getting the results you want to see in your skin.
At Credo, we always want to simplify beauty for you. So, our team has put together a few very approachable regimens that just might be the best routine for your skincare needs!
DRY SKIN SKINCARE ROUTINEDry skin lacks radiance and life! It can also be coupled with redness and irritation. With this simple regimen your skin can have the support it needs to feel nourished and achieve that “glow from within”. Each of these products is designed to protect your skin’s natural barrier that holds in moisture.
4-Step Dry Skin Routine
- Step 1 Cleanse: Bloomeffects Tulip Cleansing Jelly
- Step 2 Serum: Maya Chia Supercritical Chia Omega Serum
- Step 3 Moisturize: Tata Harper Superkind Fortifying Moisturizer
- Step 4 Treat: Violets Are Blue Eye Luminate Gel Cream
ACNE-PRONE SKINCARE ROUTINEYou can have breakouts as long as you don’t have freak outs! When breakouts come your way, stay calm and reach for these 4 products. Each step in this acne-prone skincare regimen is designed to help clear the skin of unwanted bacteria while keeping it feeling fresh! Gone are the days of using overly stringent ingredients that deplete the skin of its moisture barrier. Clear, supple skin is just four steps away.
4-Step Acne-Prone Skin Routine
- Step 1 Cleanse: Odacite Black Mint Clarifying Cleanser
- Step 2 Serum: Pai Carbon Star Serum
- Step 3 Moisturize: OSEA Blemish Balm Moisturizer
- Step 4 Treat: Kinship Pimple Potion
COMBO SKIN SKINCARE ROUTINEOk so maybe your skin is a little bit dry, a little bit oily, a little bit balanced. We call that combo skin! This skin type can benefit from products that do just the right amount of hydration and just the right amount of exfoliation. The trick is to make sure you use products that don’t push too far in one direction or the other. Like these four products in the following regimen.
4-Step Combo Skin Routine
- Step 1 Cleanse: One Love Organics Botanical B Cleansing Oil + Makeup Remover
- Step 3 Treat: Honua Aina Mask
- Step 4 Serum: Marie Veronique Soothing B3 Serum
SUN-DAMAGED SKINCARE ROUTINEYou may already have sun damage and not even realize it. To remedy sun damage, be on the lookout for products that are loaded in antioxidants like vitamins A, C and E. These ingredients help to diffuse sun damage by brightening, tightening and nourishing each skin cell. SPF caps off this skin-saving regimen by making sure you’re preventing as much future sun damage as you can.
4-Step Sun Damaged Skin Routine
- Step 1 Cleanse: Alpyn Plant Genius Creamy Bubbling Cleanser
- Step 2 Serum: Josh Rosebrook C Bright Complex Vit C Serum
- Step 3 Treat: Indie Lee Restorative Eye Cream
- Step 4 Protect: Mara Algae + Zinc Sea Kale SPF
It goes without saying that whatever your skin type, you should ALWAYS end your routine with SPF in the morning :) Check out our favorite clean sunscreens here to find the right one for you.Are you thirsting for more skincare insight? Chat with one of our Clean Beauty Experts by hitting the chat bubble in the lower right hand corner of your screen. They will assess your skin and give you custom suggestions that will suit your skin’s unique needs. They can walk you through each step of the regimen so you feel comfortable and confident in how to apply all of your new products!