This Product Is: an Ayurvedic facial massage tool that helps to balance the skin's pH
Good For: all skin types including dry, mature, sensitive, blemish-prone, combination and normal
Why We Love It: Ranavat Kansa Wand harnesses the power of Kansa (copper + tin) to balance the skin's pH. It is used to massage the energy points on your face to boost circulation and help plump, firm and soften the appearance of fine lines. When acids are released from the body in conjunction with the tool, you will notice a greying effect on the skin, however this signifies that your skin is detoxing, and the effect is easily rinse-able with water.
As Seen In: Vogue
First, apply a few drops of your favorite serum (Radiant Rani Brightening Serum pairs nicely with the wand) and gently massage the wand in circular motions over the face and neck. You can massage in any way that feels best, some recommendations are:
1. Massage the wand in circles around the middle of the forehead five times in a counterclockwise direction. Repeat five times in a clockwise direction.
2. Draw the figure-eight pattern on the forehead five times. This calms the mind and emotions, stimulates memory, and improves concentration. It’s also helpful for relieving sinus headaches.
3. Massage in a zigzag pattern across the forehead five times, using gentle pressure.
4. Clench your teeth so that you can feel the jaw muscle. Massage with firm pressure in a circular motion on this point with the wand. Repeat five times.
5. Circle the cheekbone five times using firm pressure.
6. Move under the cheekbone. Massage upward and downward with firm pressure, moving from the corner of the mouth up to the earlobe and back to the corner of the mouth
7. Move to the jawline. Move down from the ear to along the jaw towards the chin, from the chin back along the jaw to the ear lobe.
Care: For daily care, simply wipe wand after each use or use soap and water only on the metal part. For a deeper clean, create a paste with tea tree oil and fuller's earth clay.