Last reviewed: March 8, 2023
Eco-Chic, LLC d/b/a Credo ("Company" or "We") respect your privacy and are committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy.
This policy describes the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you visit the website credobeauty.com (our "Website") and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies to information we collect:
- On this Website.
- In email, text, and other electronic messages between you and this Website.
- Through mobile and desktop applications you download from this Website, which provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and this Website.
- When you interact with our advertising and applications on third-party websites and services, if those applications or advertising include links to this policy.
It does not apply to information collected by:
- Us offline or through any other means, including on any other website operated by Company or any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries); or
- Any third party (including our affiliates and subsidiaries), including through any application or content (including advertising) that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website.
Children Under the Age of 16
Our Website is not intended for persons under 16 years of age. No one under age 16 may provide any information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If you are under 16, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from anyone under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will make reasonable efforts to delete that information from our records. If you are the parent or guardian of a person between the ages of 13 and 15, please inform us at email@example.com so that we may discuss with you whether you wish to provide affirmative authorization (the "right to opt-in") for us to sell information based on your child’s use of the Website and its features. We also recommend that parents monitor their children’s Internet activities and learn and employ software or other tools that can help their children enjoy their online experience without compromising their personal safety or allowing them to use the Internet in a manner inconsistent with their parent/guardian’s preferences.
If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16, please contact us at:
5214F Diamond Heights Blvd., Unit 1558
San Francisco, CA 94131
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, credit card number, user name, date of birth, or any other identifier by which you may be contacted online or offline ("personal information");
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as how many orders come from a particular location; and/or
- About your internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details (for example, the duration of a page visit).
In connection with our product review system, you might provide other voluntary personal information including your:
- Age range
- Skin tone
- Skin color
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you choose to participate in our offers and programs or when you otherwise provide information directly to us, including when you register with us, purchase products, review products, participate in our interactive features or otherwise interact with us on the Website.
- Automatically as you navigate through the site. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
- From third parties, for example, our business partners.
Information You Provide to Us.
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, subscribing to our service, posting material, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries on the Website.
You also may provide information to be published or displayed (hereinafter, "posted") on public areas of the Website, or transmitted to other users of the Website or third parties (collectively, "User Contributions"). Your User Contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. Although we limit access to certain pages, please be aware that no security measures are perfect or impenetrable. Additionally, we cannot control the actions of other users of the Website with whom you may choose to share your User Contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
In addition, we may also collect non-personally identifiable information, such as IP addresses (which identify your device), pages viewed, computer type, screen resolution, operating system version, Internet browser type and version, information collected through cookies, pixel tags, web beacons, and other technologies, and other data (“Non-Personal Information”). Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may collect, use and disclose Non-Personal Information for any purpose. Non-Personal Information will be retained only for so long as to fulfill a legitimate business need.
We may aggregate personal information so that the aggregated information does not personally identify you or anyone else, such as by using personal information to calculate the percentage of our customers who live in a particular area (“Aggregate Information”). In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with personal information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we combine any Non-Personal Information with personal information, the combined information will be treated by us as personal information as long as it is combined, and may aggregate any information collected in a manner which does not identify any individual.
Information We Collect Through Automatic Data Collection Technologies.
As you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, and browser type.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may associate it with personal information that you provide to us. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- As you use the Internet, a trail of electronic information is left at each website you visit. This information, which is sometimes referred to as "clickstream data," can be collected and stored by a website's server. Clickstream data can tell us the type of computer and browsing software you use and the address of the website from which you linked to the website. We may collect and use clickstream data as a form of Aggregate Information to anonymously determine how much time visitors spend on each page of our Website, how visitors navigate throughout the Website, and how we may tailor our web pages to better meet the needs of visitors. This information will be used to improve our Website and our services. Any collection or use of clickstream data will be anonymous and aggregate, and will not intentionally contain any personal information.
- Site Analytics. We may work with third-party service providers who use the technologies described in this section to conduct website analytics to help us track and understand how visitors use our Website.
- Social Network and Interactive Tools. Certain features on our Website may give you an opportunity to interact with us and others. These may include blogs, message boards, messaging functionality, chat functionality, and creating community profiles. When you use these features you should be aware that any information you submit, including your name, location and e-mail address, may be publicly available to others. We are not responsible for any information you choose to submit through these interactive features and we strongly discourage you from disclosing any sensitive personal information (such as health or credit card information) through these features. If you use these features, your personal information may remain on the Website even after you cease use of the Website.
We do not control these third parties' tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. For information about how you can opt out of receiving targeted advertising from many providers, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information:
- To present our Website and its contents to you.
- To provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices.
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide though it.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information.
- For any other purpose with your consent.
We may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of interest to you. If you do not want us to use your information in this way, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, see Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Eco-Chic, LLC d/b/a Credo's assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Eco-Chic, LLC d/b/a Credo about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the "email a friend" feature of our Website, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- With Oracle Advertising (Oracle Data Cloud), which allows us to access data compiled by Oracle so as to improved our interest-based advertising.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
We may also disclose your personal information:
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Eco-Chic, LLC d/b/a Credo, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
The above excludes text messaging originator opt-in data and consent; this information will not be shared with any third parties.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Change your information on our Website. Log in to credobeauty.com using your username and password. o to credobeauty.com/account where you will see the email address we have on file as well as all the address you have shipped to. You can update and delete the addresses through your account. To change your email address, please email: email@example.com. You cannot change the email address on your account as it is how you log in to your account. To disable your account and remove your email address, email firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will assist you.
- Opt Out of Our Loyalty Program. If you have provided an email address to us, you are automatically opted in to our loyalty program. You can opt out of any loyalty email updates by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of the email. To be removed from the loyalty program, email email@example.com.
- Opt Out of Our Email Marketing Campaigns. By providing your email address to Credo, you expressly consent to receive emails from us. We may use email to communicate with you, to send information that you have requested or to send information about other products or services developed or provided by us or by other third party manufacturers, services and/or distributors that Credo believes will be of interest to its audience. If you receive an unwanted email from us, though, you can simply reply and ask not to receive future emails. We also give you the option to remove your personal information from our list of active users completely. All unsubscribe or opt-out requests should be sent to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, and we will process your request within a reasonable time after receipt. This opt out does not apply to information provided to the Company as a result of a product purchase, warranty registration, product service experience, or other transactions.
- Opt Out of Our Mailing List. Email email@example.com and we will make a request for your data to be erased from our mailing list. It may take up to 90 days to remove your information from our mailing list.
- Disclosure of Your Information for Third-Party Advertising. We share personal information with Oracle Advertising (Oracle Data Cloud), which allows us to access data compiled by Oracle so as to improved our interest-based advertising. If you do not want us to share your personal information with unaffiliated or non-agent third parties for promotional purposes, you can opt out by accessing the link in the footer of our Website entitled “Do Not Sell My Personal Information.” For information on Oracle Advertising’s opt-out mechanisms and information on how to access the data collected and processed by Oracle Advertising, please visit the Oracle Advertising opt-out and access site, available at: https://datacloudoptout.oracle.com. You can also opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") on the NAI's website.
California residents may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your California Privacy Rights below for more information.
Nevada residents who wish to exercise their sale opt-out rights under Nevada Revised Statutes Chapter 603A may submit a request to this designated address: Eco-Chic, LLC, Attn: Customer Experience. 5214F Diamond Heights Blvd., Unit 1558, San Francisco, CA 94131 or you may call us at (844) 692-7336. However, please know we do not currently sell data, as defined by that statute, triggering the statute's opt-out requirements.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change your personal information by logging into the Website and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Residents of certain states, such as California, Nevada, Colorado, Virginia, and Utah may have additional personal information rights and choices. Please see Your State Privacy Rights, below, for more information.
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit https://credobeauty.com/pages/privacy-policy-ccpa
Other State Privacy Rights
State consumer privacy laws may provide their residents with additional rights regarding our use of their personal information. Colorado, Connecticut, Virginia, and Utah each provide their state residents with rights to:
- Confirm whether we process their personal information.
- Access and delete certain personal information.
- Data portability.
- Opt-out of personal data processing for targeted advertising and sales.
Colorado, Connecticut, and Virginia also provide their state residents with rights to:
- Correct inaccuracies in their personal information, taking into account the information's nature processing purpose.
- Opt-out of profiling in furtherance of decisions that produce legal or similarly significant effects.
To exercise any of these rights please email us at email@example.com. To appeal a decision regarding a consumer rights request write to us at:
Attn: Customer Experience
5214F Diamond Heights Blvd., Unit 1558
San Francisco, CA 94131
Nevada provides its residents with a limited right to opt-out of certain personal information sales. Residents who wish to exercise this sale opt-out rights may submit a request to this designated address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Visitors From Outside The United States—Cross-Border Transfer
The Website is hosted in the United States. If you are visiting our Website from outside the United States, your information may be transferred to, stored in, and processed in, the United States or any other country where we or our affiliates, subsidiaries, or third-party service providers maintain facilities.
The European Commission has not determined that the United States ensures an adequate level of protection for personal information. The data protection and other applicable laws of the United States or other countries may not be as comprehensive as those laws or regulations in your country or may otherwise differ from the data protection or consumer protection laws in your country. Your information may be available to government authorities under lawful orders and law applicable in such jurisdictions.
We do not knowingly collect or process personal information from individuals residing within the European Union, nor do we ship to countries within the European Union.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any payment transactions will be encrypted using TLS or similar technology.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. We urge you to be careful about giving out information in public areas of the Website like message boards. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
Our Website may contain links to other Websites not maintained by Credo. Other Websites may also reference or link to our Website. The inclusion of a link on the Website does not imply endorsement of the linked site by us. We are not responsible for the privacy practices of websites operated by third parties that are linked to or integrated with our Website, or for the privacy practices of third-party Internet advertising companies. We encourage you to be aware when you leave our Website, or surf the Internet, and to read the privacy statements of each and every Website that you visit.
Attn: Customer Experience
5214F Diamond Heights Blvd., Unit 1558
San Francisco, CA 94131
By email: email@example.com
By our toll-free number: (844) 692-7336