VP of Marketing & Ecommerce
New York, NY
Credo, a trusted voice in an under-regulated beauty industry and a recognized pioneer in clean beauty retail, is looking for a VP of Marketing & Ecommerce.
The VP Marketing & Ecommerce will be imperative in maintaining the integrity of Credo’s brand standards while continuing to develop the brand voice. They will be responsible for developing and driving the Marketing and Ecommerce strategy, leading all digital marketing, CRM, loyalty, traditional marketing initiatives, and contributing to the voice and style of Credo and Credo brands. They will work cross-functionally with various internal stakeholders and in collaboration with their teams to further the strategic goals of the organization. As a first-class cross channel marketer, the VP Marketing & Ecommerce has the responsibility of connecting with our customers through a progressive omni channel marketing approach that utilizes immersive campaigns deployed through store, digital, social, event marketing and PR channels.
The VP Marketing & Ecommerce is responsible for establishing an approach to marketing and communications that is inclusive of all communities across race, ethnicity, gender, and sexual orientation, and developing a strategy that supports the achievement of business results through the creation of a clear, consistent, and valuable customer experience.
SKILLS & QUALIFICATIONS
- 10+ years of relevant expertise in retail and digital marketing, ecommerce experience
- Strategic experience of digital and communication campaigns, and strategic partnerships
- A minimum of 2 years of direct people management experience
- Transformative, future focused thinker – constantly re-imagining how the team will enable the changing marketing ecosystem
- Proven ability to build a marketing strategy that connects diverse communities, with sustainability at its core, and to clearly articulate vision and strategy by simplifying the complex and translating it in an impactful way
- Proven track record of change management and implementation in a high growth environment
- Demonstrated leadership experience and ability to manage large teams while fostering an inclusive environment
- Experience developing teams to challenge the status quo and creatively evolve while maintaining a sense of clarity with brand voice and story
- Ability to structure ambiguous problems, analyze complex processes, synthesize data and drive toward insights and solutions
- Strong written and interpersonal communication skills, and ability to build strong cross-functional relationships
- Issue management experience preferred but not essential
People Management & Leadership
- As a key member of Credo’s leadership team, contribute to the strengthening of Credo’s culture and driving of our Mission, Vision, and Values
- Lead and develop Retail, Digital and Influencer Marketing, PR, CRM, Insights and Ecommerce teams
- Support the development of team members to contribute to the continual growth of Credo
- Ensure priorities are streamlined to enable both direct and cross-functional teams to focus on key marketing moments that have the greatest impact
- Work closely with the Merchandising, Retail, and Customer Relations teams to ensure that Marketing is significantly contributing to business success
- Set priorities, foster cohesion, and provide motivation to cross-functional teams
- Nurture an inclusive team spirit, welcoming a diversity of viewpoints, creating an environment that inspires creativity and quality in the work across marketing and ecommerce
- Develop strategies for products and services that will deliver lifetime customer value through increased brand awareness, unique differentiation, attraction, and retention of customers
- Make focused decisions based on brand integrity and company values to ensure highest level of customer satisfaction
- Develop, nurture, and protect the Credo brand standards ensuring highest levels of consistency, execution, and excellence at every customer touchpoint
- Work with Creative Director to determine and develop the best content to communicate to our customer
- Develop, lead, and grow key vendor partner relationships around all marketing aspects, developing coordinated campaigns that drive brand growth, interest, enthusiasm, and customer activation
- Develop mutually beneficial brand partnerships that amplify awareness while enhancing brand positioning
Retail & Wholesale
- Work with Creative Director to create Visual Merchandising Standards that contribute to excellent customer experience
- Partner with Creative to ensure campaigns support retail doors
- Develop marketing initiatives that support stores with traffic, awareness, consideration, or conversion, such as on and offline activations. customer events, etc.
- Input into creative asset development when relevant
- Collaborate with Credo Brands team to establish distribution and channel strategy, and marketing programs for key wholesale partners
- Identify pain points and opportunities to increase operational efficiency
Digital & Ecommerce
- Lead the development, growth, and optimization of credobeauty.com and exabeauty.com
- Grow online commercial results with respect to top and bottom lines with full P&L ownership
- Ensure that SEM, affiliate, influencer, retargeting efficiently support e-commerce targets
- Develop Digital & Social Marketing strategy by identifying new opportunities, channels, tactics, and platforms to support awareness and traffic
- Collaborate with PR Director to develop a PR strategy (traditional media as well as influencer marketing) to ensure we optimize digital reach to raise awareness of Credo and connect with new and diverse customer communities
- Implement programs to support online merchandising and optimization
- Evaluate competitive benchmarks and continue to drive improvements to Credo online strategy
- Partner with ICT to optimize site(s)
Planning, Data & Insights
- Understand and interpret customer perceptions and positioning of Credo and Credo brands through market data to ensure continued connection with core customer
- Understand core aspirations and expectations from customers, across product, experience, and social and environmental sustainability
- Identify acquisition and retention opportunities to inform marketing plan and support future commercial growth
- Research competitors to stay current and ahead of the market trends
- Build process and reporting to measure success of marketing initiatives to inform optimization and scalability
- Develop, deliver, and analyze KPIs and metrics to determine the optimum return on investment for marketing
- Contribute to forecasting for new product launches, ensuring Credo is adequately stocked to drive performance while limiting product redundancy
- Ensure appropriate insights are shared across teams to drive decision making and performance
- Provide competitive insights and contributes to pricing discussions for Credo brands
- Set, execute and manage marketing budgets to support achieving all financial goals
- Review budget allocation on a continual basis to identify opportunities for performance uplift and growth
HOW TO APPLY
Email us at email@example.com with the subject "VP Marketing". Don't forget to tell us a little about yourself.
Clean Beauty Expert
Credo is a beauty startup based in San Francisco, CA boasting the largest clean beauty assortment in skincare and makeup. Credo is a trusted voice in an unregulated beauty industry and is a recognized pioneer in clean beauty retail. Powered by a deep commitment to healthy beauty, we challenge conventional ingredient standards and believe that consumers should not have to sacrifice health for substance.
Credo’s entered the space in early 2015 with ecommerce followed by a flagship store in San Francisco on historic Fillmore Street that same year. The addressable market for clean beauty continues to be the fastest growing in the industry. To meet consumer demand, additional Credo stores have opened in New York City, Brooklyn, Los Angeles, Chicago, Boston and Plano.
Our Credo stores offer clients the largest selection of safe, non-toxic beauty products. Credo’s mission is to change the way people think about the products they put on their bodies. Credo’s in-store Experts, both makeup artists and estheticians, are informed, passionate advocates for clean beauty and provide exceptional in store customer service.
Team members are responsible for educating & selling over 110 brands to our clients. Through one-on-one personal attention; clean swap consultations, mini facials, spa services, & color consultations, we work closely with all clients to ensure satisfaction.
We work cohesively in a beautiful retail environment supporting creativity & inspiration. Our professional setting offers our clientele an extraordinary shopping experience & our staff a welcoming place to work.
- Meet sales goals by educating clients on various brands and products we carry as well as providing services
- Offer mini facials, makeup applications and clean swaps to inspire sales and future repeat business
**If a licensed esthetician, offer spa services within our Tata Harper Spa & perform facial waxes services on the selling floor
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction through excellent service
- Take part in training & education classes as well as in store events.
- Understand ingredients and their efficacy as well as keeping up with trends in the industry
- Maintain outstanding store condition and visual merchandizing standards by supporting in daily cleaning, maintaining stock as well as presentations.
- Assist in putting away shipments weekly as well as maintaining testers throughout the store
- Assist online clients using our Credo Live platform
- Effectively communicate with peers, store manager, customers and in store representatives from our Brands
- Handle customer issues that come up in a professional manner and keeping the client happy
- Open and close the store to standards and maintain throughout the day
- Following company policy and guidelines
- Additional store duties as needed
- Experience as selling professional; retail, makeup and/or Spa
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrates a passion for guest service and a competency for selling.
- Able to work flexible days/nights/hours, weekends and holidays
- Ability to troubleshoot.
- Lift and carry 50 pounds; bend and stretch to stock shelves
- Work in a retail store with a “scent-filled” environment
- Handle and apply cosmetic products to clients
- Some travel time may be required
- Move around in the back-store rooms/offices
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to build and maintain strong customer relationships.
- Being able to stand for long periods of time
- This is a retail position, so your physical presence is required
How to apply:
Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject "Clean Beauty Expert, and Include location name or city". Don't forget to tell us a little about yourself.
Credo is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (EEO) that welcomes applicants and employees of all genders, races, background, orientations and nationalities.
Lipstick Angels Volunteers: Estheticians & Makeup Artists
Los Angeles, New York City and San Francisco:
Becoming a Lipstick Angel is a rewarding experience, which will enable you to contribute your skills and expertise to making a difference in people’s lives. The Lipstick Angels volunteers are the backbone of the organization, and without their support and commitment, we would not be able to provide services to seriously ill patients and other individuals. Due to the nature of our volunteer work with a diverse population of hospital patients, seniors and other individuals, the following is required:
To learn more and apply click here.
Equal Employment Opportunities:
We offer equal employment opportunity to qualified individuals without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly believe that cultivating a diverse workplace gives a company strength. The combination of unique skills, abilities, experiences and backgrounds creates an environment that produces extraordinary results.