Credo For Change Content (new)
Check Back Next Spring For More Updates
As a founder-led company, we know that growing a business is hard–really hard. And too often, thought partners that can provide valuable retail business insights aren't accessible to diverse entrepreneurs at any stage of their growth.
The Credo for Change Workshop program is here to change that.
Credo for Change provides BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, and People of Color) beauty founders with the functional insights they need to advance their brand and expand their business in a retail store environment.
This year we are opening the program to ALL eligible BIPOC founders no matter their stage of growth.
Brand founders that become part of Credo for Change will attend virtual workshops, and in-depth breakout sessions designed to focus on opportunities for your brand and prepare your business for the next level of growth.
Our program will focus the following key areas:
- Clean Beauty: why it matters and how to make the swap in your business
- The Beauty Business: the strategy and capital you need to fuel your impact and growth
- Retail 101: what you really need to build a strong retail business (it’s a lot more than you think!)
- Behind the scenes: from sales education to legal, and hacks to overcome common problem areas
- Community: face time with Credo executives, connections with industry experts and fellow entrepreneurs, and network introductions to influencers and funders
How It Works
- You must have a majority BIPOC-owned business
- Your business must be in the Beauty/Wellness space (makeup, skincare, haircare, fragrance)
- You have a committed focus to clean and sustainable beauty
- You must have launched your brand with limited distribution
- You must be available to attend weekly sessions
- Your business must be based in the United States or Canada
- You are at least 18 years old as of the date of your application
- You are the owner / co-owner of the business
12 session course x 2 hours each taught by our expert mentors/teachers taught online via zoom. Here is a sample of the classes that will be covered:
- Clean Beauty + Formulation with Mia Davis (Credo), Allie Compton, (Credo), Krupa Koestline (KTT Consultants)
- Legal and Trademarks 101 with Alisa Won (Sideman), Kelly McCarthy (Sideman)
- Working Capital with Avani Patel (The Ember Company)
- How to craft your brand and storytelling with Mashama Thompson (510 Media) and Katie Klencheski (Smakk Studios)
- Marketing/Digital Blueprint Scott Lux (Videoshops)
- Business Strategy with Susan Kim (Kopari Beauty
- Retail Strategy with Ju Rhyu (Hero Cosmetics) Michelle Connelly (Credo) Muffy Clince (Ulta)
Plus Workshops with surprise special guests!